Monday, October 7, 2013

The Chaos and the Comforter

This morning I woke up thanking God for Fall.
The beauty of the trees and the crisp fall air has finally come.
The changing of the seasons. It's Tremendously spectacular with the trees putting on their new dresses and swaying in the autumn winds.
The birds are still present with their joyful song and the grape juice  and apple sauce smells from my stove all make me feel warm and peaceful and satisfied.
But then I hear about the fuss around the world. Wars, Government chaos, shootings, horrific news stories coming from every corner of the globe...
This morning The words of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels have been thundering in my head. Matthew says... "For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." 
So I went back to Genesis and read the account again. It looked familiar. Like it came straight off the evening news. 11 Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. 13 And God said to Noah, “I have determined to make an end of all flesh,[c] for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

And God regretted making man because of how much of a mess they had made of his earth. 

And I wonder if God in his ever loving patience is almost on the regretting end of things again... and if perhaps he is ready to come take his people just as he did in the days of Noah. 

While I am super excited about that fact I can't help but think of all those I love that have not chosen to follow the only salvation that will carry them safely to the other side. 
If I would have been part of Noah's family I can imagine looking out and seeing my neighbors or family members or people I went to school with all being swept away by the great water. Watching them as they sank down. My heart feels heavy as I think of it. In the same way today, many will not turn to their only rescue before it's too late. The great comforter who is our "ark" in times of trouble will be the only one who carries us home. 

Today I pray for you that you will find him. He comes to you pleading "Come home... Come Home. You who are weary come home. Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling...Calling all Sinners... Come home".

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing! you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com