Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Gideon Ladies

For 2 months this fall they have been gathering in my living room once a week. These Ladies (plus a few who weren't pictured here)

I have so enjoyed the richness of friendships old and new.
And God's word has just been pouring over my soul as we make our way through the story of Gideon.
Gideon is found in the book of Judges.  One of the many truths from this story is how God used some very unusual vessels to accomplish his purpose. It was such a good reminder to me that God usually uses weapons for his kingdom that look very different from my weapons.
He takes whomever and whatever he pleases and makes something amazing. He is especially glorified in our weakness because in our weakness others can see that it is not us but him who is doing the work.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.* ICOR 12:9

Lessons to be learned were plentiful. One was clear. He has his eye on each of his own and loves our humility. If your desire is to please your Lord he will use that in very significant ways. Listening to his voice and acting when he speaks. No matter how small you feel or how minuscule the task may seem, if he is in it, it is a thrill to be part of his idea and his army. 

I am so grateful that in his grace he pulled me up and gave me a new name. Where I felt fearful he called me warrior. He reminded me that my identity is in him not in what I do or haven't done. Where I felt a lack of hope he gave me reason to sing again. When I felt defeated he reminded me he wins in the end. 
Unusual weapons to fight this battle. Weapons like his Word. And listening to his Spirit who always speaks truth. Weapons like weakness and small people who might seem most insignificant.

I love the One who gives me all I need for this life and the next. 
How can I keep from singing his praise? 

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post, as I have so many others. Thank you! What a blessing to have a group like that! I would love that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com