It's been a busy week with too many late nights.But my Kids love it just like I used to. I knew without doubt that I have gotten old when The one night we spent at home working in the yard was the highlight of my week.
A week of watching people can send me down lots of trails in my mind. Funny people, interesting outfits, talented kids taking the stage, broken people, cute kids, kids that need a nap, or a swat on the behind...
I was reminded that my stage of parenting has changed so drastically from what was a few years back... Within a half hour of entering the grounds, and the money divided out, all my kids promptly left me to walk with their friends so there I sat wondering why I had come. But as I sat there, I had lots of time to think and so My mind started writing my kids a letter. This one is for my girls...
My sweet Girl
I am writing you a letter this morning recognizing that I am fortunate indeed. You are an answer to my childhood prayers. I always wanted girls to raise and I know that you are indeed an answer...you are a beautiful gift.
- Choices you make, and whatever you take in with your eyes ( which is why we have limited all those sitcoms on the Disney Channel that promote a different kind of young lady) is shaping you to believe either truth or lies that will last you a lifetime.
- Never forget Kindness and Mercy will always trump Judgement and Exclusiveness. (I'm better than you attitudes) Always try to Reach out to the girl who is new or the one in the corner who needs a friend.
- Don't let others around you make you believe lies of Who you really are.
- Don't ever use your femininity as a commodity. It may get you attention today but in the long run it will never bring you peace or give you more value. Instead it could have long lasting negative effects on the way you view yourself and how others treat you, as if you were a commodity.
- You are a child of the King but don't act like a spoiled princess. Use your princess title to serve not to be served. You carry with you a light that shines brightly from the inside. It is not one that needs to be fabricated and fake. Use that light to bring honor to your Father. The creator of your body, your soul, your mind.
- Your mind is a terrible thing to waste. Don't believe the lies that only boys can be smart or spiritually deep. Some of Jesus Closest friends on earth were women. He loves his girls. Don't ever let your female status keep you from learning about the one who loves you most. You are more than just a pretty face. God created us male and female and that means you will have a different bent as a girl but when it comes to value in his eyes... We are equal, male and female.
- Don't try to compete or prove anything. You don't have to. You can be who you were meant to be. You are accepted already. Competition is a killer of relationships. Don't fall prey to the lure of it. Live your calling with inner confidence and poise.
- Be Gracious.
I know boys can be difficult to understand sometimes but be kind with your words and their hearts. They don't like to be rejected anymore than you do.
- When you go out in public and are choosing your wardrobe ask yourself these questions...
2. Am I being respectful to others around me with my choice?
3. Is this classy? Or trashy?
~IF you still question... Ask your brothers or your dad. They will be able to honestly tell you what you may not be able to see.
You won't always get it right... But try hard. Be wise with your clothes. It says more about you than you know.
- Forgive often. It's what will keep you from becoming bitter and hard-hearted. Forgive when you don't feel like it. Overlook petty offenses.
- Don't be a whiner. Nobody is pretty when they whine. It's just not becoming. If you have a bad day voice it. And then move on.
- If you get married someday...Marry someone like your father. Watch the way he treats me. Make sure you find someone with a sense of humor and a strong work ethic. A strong man who loves Jesus and his family more than anything else.
- Prepare yourself now to be the women who attracts the kind of man you want to spend life with. Don't think you can wait until you meet him. Just like anything else in life. Marriage takes work.
I love you so much and I am so thankful you have made parenting so much fun. You already are shaping into this fine lady and I smile as I see your life unfolding. You have taught me so much. I am still learning along with you. I believe there are great things in store for you. Walk in that light.
I love you so very much,