Monday, April 1, 2013

How one life changed Easter

A day of Memories.
Of past and present pulled into thoughts and emotions. 
A day we remembered the sacrifice and the empty tomb. 

The empty tomb has become more cherished  as we bid our loved one goodbye and  called after him..."see you on the other side". 

How one life changed this day forever. For all who would trust. For all who believe. For all who could accept the free gift. 

He made it possible for me and for you to live a life not free of pain here on this earth but free to live with the knowledge that he has taken our guilt and has freed us from the curse of death. 

He is not here because he has gone to prepare the big house for all who choose him as the Only Way, the Truth, the life. 

For in Christ the old is gone and the new has come. He has washed away the guilt of the ugly filthy stains. 

I will live my life to honor the sacrifice.
I will follow not out of a religious duty but out of love for his blood and the empty grave and a hope of a life beyond this pain and sorrow. 

 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,Philippians 3:12,13

Pressing forward on. 
And further in. 
To know him more fully. To be so surrounded by him that I no longer look to the side or behind but only to him. 

One obedient life changed the forecast of my future.  

It is humbling to think that he has left it up to his followers to be The salt. The light. The Fragrance. The hands and the Feet. The Forgiven ones who forgive others. The lovers of their enemies. The ones who live in his power and not their own. The merciful. The lowly in spirit. 

In obedience  bearing his light  so he can be seen as the one who still lives and loves through his people. 

We do Not obey to be seen and receive the accolades  of man but that all men may come to know the one  who changed this day forever.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com