Monday, November 19, 2012

In Everything Give Thanks...

I'm using one post to catch up on a month's worth of pictures.

What a fall!

It has crept up on me so fast this year!
When I heard there was a holiday coming up I almost got my Red White and Blue table cloth out thinking it must be about July, but no, it is not July but November. So I exchanged the fireworks for giving my ferns permission to die. After all brown is in this time of year.

We've had happy and sad.
This was one of the happy's.
Benji came home after too many months down at Riley! We are so so happy he can be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!
Another happy.
In October for our kids party at church we had trunk or treat. Although it was too cold and rainy to actually do it from our trunks it was still so much fun.
We did it in the lobby which was warm and dry and perfect.
I decided to make a photo booth. It was so much fun taking pictures.

 I just thought these boys were so very cute~!
 And then there was this guy.... :)


These are normally the days I relish. I like to make lots of good memories for my kids. But this year I'm afraid the only memory will be that of packing boxes and frantically trying to paint an entire house. We hope to be in the dwelling the first of January.
 It's a hope. Not a promise.

But the drywall is up.
The mudding is being done.
Can I get an Amen!!
The well is dug and gas is to be hooked up tomorrow.


But it kind of wrecks the fantasy of a home filled with Christmas ornaments, manger scenes, Christmas cookies and greens. It's going to be different. I asked the little one if she would mind waiting until January so we could  celebrate properly.

She said it wasn't an option.

* Sigh*.
This guy turned 45. We celebrated with our little family around dinner and a black forest cake, as requested by my chocolate loving guy.

He has just been such an incredible gift to my life. I feel so fortunate to have him leading us. He has worked day and night trying to accomplish such a huge task!





This month, as you can tell by my last few posts has been a little heavy.
I have friends and family that are just really hurting and as I listen and cry with them and over their situations, I am reminded that there is so much to be thankful for.  I pour it all out to the one who can change the situation, or change us in the process.

So today I am posting this small clip on Thanksgiving.
It's a time to reflect how we can give thanks in the joy and in the pain.
In Everything Give Thanks! (You will have to turn off my music on the sidebar)

You give and take away.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com