Friday, November 9, 2012

Did God lose the election?

Well, it's all over.
 The people spoke and the winner is... President Obama.

 The day after the election found many people who had prayed and fasted for weeks and months or even longer completely devastated and shaken to the core. One of my Godly older friends who I respect so much, a man who is full of love for people and is filled with the Holy Spirit, had been praying consistently for several years for this election. So you can imagine and probably experienced  yourself as you have felt or witnessed people with strong feelings on either side that there was both great disappointment and great elation in the outcome.

On Wednesday Face Book was crowded with many tearful, wistful posts. I spoke with some people who felt  let down. Some abandoned by God. Others fearful for the future. Many astonished at the division. Some tears and frustration were expressed by the defeated.

 How could God have lost the election? (please know that I am saying this tongue in cheek)

 So many had prayed. So many had strong faith believing it was going to be a different outcome. Believing with great confidence that God was behind them in praying for the new guy's arrival to the White House.
He was so presidential and promising.
And yet, God did not move that way.

From my little finite perspective..............Here are some of my thoughts as to why the election may have turned out the way it did.

1. It made me fall to my knees.  I worshiped and cried out to God in a way I may not have done if things had turned out differently. Adversity has a way of making me crawl to the foot of the cross and beg for mercy. Victory and Good times, while they make me feel good, also sometimes allow me to forget I need a Savior.

 2. America is not my home. When life is good here, who needs a better place? But with a failing economy, moral decline and tons of skepticism I don't feel like this is a comfy home for me. I'm ready to move on up and out. It's where my heart should always be but with things looking less than promising it makes me excited about my future in a heavenly kingdom.

 3. We will reap what we sow. And even if we think we have been faithful,are following the Word of God and walking in obedience, just as Daniel and his friends, I may be taken into physical captivity along with my people if my country continues  to call good what God has called evil. And Evil what God calls good.

 4. God will not share his glory with another. When the children of Israel cried out to God to give them a king, he told them he was the King but they wanted to be like their neighboring countries. So God, the perfect king, let them have what they wanted... but we all know how that turned out. So too, I think when we put too much confidence in a man, we can easily lose sight of who the real redeemer and king is. We make an idol out of a man. "We bow our hearts, we bend our knees, O Lord we cast down our idols"....

 5. I cannot know the mind of God. His ways are higher than mine. His thoughts are higher than mine. I can only know his heart.I have No earthly idea what God has up his sleeve.

6. We are all a bit blind. I mean that with complete respect and love. We are. We cannot see the whole picture. I have no idea what Governor Romney would have done in office if he would have gotten the job I only could see and trust what he said he was going to do. God knows the beginning from the end. He has a plan.

 7. Me and my children may know persecution. Right now you may be scratching your head. I know, I know, none of us wants this for our children. But God has been showing me something. I have been praying that my children be strong. I have told them for many years that we are preparing them...including scripture memorization..And sound doctrine.. for a time when they will have to stand like they never thought possible. Our kids need us as parents to step up to the plate and quit filling their schedules so full of other things that take them away from what will help them stand in the face of a persecuted church. And believe me, that day is fast approaching. The assault that is happening on souls everywhere is astonishing. It's scary but this is the exciting part.. The church in hiding is the most alive, vibrant, Spirit filled, loving church of Jesus.   I want to look like that church.

8. The more the country divides itself from the Church the more the Church must decide if it will look like the world or will follow Christ. The issues we are dealing with are making people choose a side. I believe there are many believers who support a different political view.
However, when it comes to the truth of God's word and what it says, there are not 2 sides. There is one. His Word is the standard. I will not apologize for what He has said. II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.(E) Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.(F) 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 

9. Character counts.I think God cares about us intimately. But our circumstances are never as important to him as our responses. We work very hard at helping our children understand how to be good losers and gracious winners. I hope we can be this way as adults as well.

10. We reap what we sow.
I know. I know. I said it already... I'm jus' sayin. It's an important one.

Can I also just add that I don't believe that a man can change the morality of this nation. Sin would have continued to happen no matter who sits in the oval office. The only thing that can change the world Is a man that came a long time ago. The world rejected him then, and still does today. However, he is the only one that changes lives.

Finally, I understand there were many people praying that President Obama would retain the office of president as well. And perhaps you are reading this and are one of those people. I do know that if you follow Jesus and the teachings of his Word then you and I, we are brothers or sisters.

 If you don't follow him I want you to know that there is no one who will love you more or has loved you more than he does. I want you to know him because he has rocked my world and made me a different person. He gives me hope when I can't find any on my own. He whispers love to me when others have rejected me. He is my rescue. He forgives me when I really mess it up bad.
 He promised me that one day he will come again and take me to a kingdom where there will be peace and laughter, and the place  he's taking me will never, ever have one sad day in it.

Life here has gotten pretty complicated but he is going to change all that when he comes to get us.
I want you to be there with me.
Please email me if you want to know more directly how to find his peace in your heart.
I would love to tell you about what a change he made in mine and how he wants to do the same in yours!

I am very thankful tonight that God of  Heaven and  Earth can never lose an election. No one decides if he is in or out. He is the Judge. The Ruler. The Creator of all. He came to earth not to sit on an earthly throne but to reign on an eternal one.
He is the same yesterday, today and forever... To him be the power, glory and honor forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com