Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pretzel bites and Panara Broccoli Cheese Soup

I Love,love this time of year.
This is my view from my kitchen. Where I often find myself.
It's my favorite time of the year to cook.
Especially soup.
 I wasn't always such a big soup maker but over the past decade I have found it to be my comfort food of choice. My family has mixed reviews about the soup obsession. The older ones have grown accustomed to it but when the first cool day of fall hit and I had some cheddar chowder on the menu the little one announced... "I can tell fall and winter have arrived. Soup for the next 6 months! Oh boy!"

 This week I think for dinner  I may have hit it out of the park... well at least to the fence. :)

 I found this recipe for ham and cheese pretzel bites on pinterest. Which I knew would be a dinner success. But the recipe was far too complicated for my schedule right now. So I converted it to my basic pretzel dough recipe(you can click on the link here)http://raisinpraise.blogspot.com/2008/10/pretzel.html and added ham, mozzarella and bacon in the middle.

After the dough had raised for 1/2 an hour I separated it into 4 balls and rolled them out into long rectangles. I added the ham,cheese and bacon down the middle.
Rolled up the dough tightly laying it on baking sheet and cut into equal slices.
Boil 1 cup of water with 1 tbsp soda. Brush over top of pretzel bites.
Bake in 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Take out of oven and brush with butter and top with coarse salt.


So these were a no brainer success. Best part. They make great lunches as well. I will make these again very Soon.

The soup portion of the meal was also eaten with no complaints.
I made the copy cat version of Panara Bread Broccoli soup.



I do suggest blending the soup. Especially with kids. It makes the texture much more enjoyable for them.

And finally what says fall better than spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Actually these were carrot but they all pretty much taste the same to me.

Tonight I made some Pioneer Woman brownies. They are supposed to change my life. I haven't tasted them yet but I'll let you know if they do!

1 comment:

  1. I love Pioneer Woman brownies! The Knock You Naked ones...they really do just that. :) And the ones with the Mocha Icing? Just go straight for the icing. Yum. I mean YUM!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com