Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Framing of the dwelling


Some of you have been asking for pictures of our project.
It has been going on for 3 months now. And that means we are about half way through.
I hope.
It has been coming along.
We had some help through the truss hanging process, which was nice.
As building goes sometimes you like what you see transferred from the paper to reality and sometimes you don't. We have remodeled the laundry/mudroom already. Which is good to do now and not in a year.
One of the nice surprises has been the bonus room. It is larger than I anticipated.
This room below is one of the nice surprises.
It is right at the top of stairs and it ended up being a cathedral ceiling with some cute potential. I see a window seat with a computer area for the kids.
My far reaching dream is for this upstairs to one day be a bed and breakfast.



This is the stage we are in. Sheeting on the roof with all side walls framed in. 





This is from the front door looking out back. We love the back view most. Trees and deer.

This is the house from the road.

I am eager to start entertaining and serving people from this dwelling. I am anticipating many of you will come be our guest.
That part makes me motivated to hurry up and finish.
Next comes the electrical and plumbing.
I bought some light fixtures at Pottery Barn Factory outlet while we were in PA.

For a fraction of the retail price.
I was very pleased.




4 comments:

  1. Wooohoo! Thanks for the pics, your home will be a picture of your warm and lovely heart! The journey of this remodeling/building can be quite, can I say, exasperating. :) We are on week 18...
    Love your heart of hospitality.
    Mucho love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it! The roof lines are awesome!!! ANd I love all the windows. That upstairs is gonna be the bomb!!!! AND...I love love that light from Pottery Barn Outlet. I've never been there~But man I'd like to! Can't wait to be there in person and sip some coffee with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you Rose! I am rejoicing with you :) Hugs and love :)

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHWWW!! Thank you my friends! I will love to sip coffee or walk with you through my garden. Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com