Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's time to take back some ground.

We are 10 weeks into a video series called...
The Truth Project.
You may have heard of it.

It has been transforming for us.
And sobering.
As I think about our country, where we have come from, and where we are headed, I can feel hopeless.

We also went to see Kirk Cameron's movie called... Monumental.
A documentary on the true story of the Pilgrims. Men have been slowly changing history to give us a completely different take on why and how the puritans came to America. Our country is headed in a direction that looks entirely opposite of what our founding fathers ever intended America to look like. It comes out on video this summer. You should see it.

This year as I have worked in the lunch room it has been an eye opening experience. Our kids are faced on every side with lies. Lies about themselves and others. Lies about who God is and who he created us to be. Lies about the existence of God.
Deception is what the father of Lies is all about. And he is very much alive in this world today.

I pray most every day as I work. I pray that God will move in this school. I pray that I would not get desensitized to the world. I pray for protection over my children's hearts and souls. I pray for a love for the hard to love kid. I pray that truth would be spoken.

But as I watched this video series and purchased a teen set for my own tribe to have for our personal devotions. I have become vigilant about preparing them for each day. I have never felt such an urgency to turn up the heat so to speak on our enemy. He twists the truth so cleverly that sometimes makes it difficult to spot... But I know that if I am rooted in the Truth I will see him more clearly.

We talk about lots of things... And we spend daily time together in the Word. To counteract what they hear and see all day. We have had some pretty awkward discussions. But I'm so glad they still talk to me... even when it's awkward.
All four have been excellent students. And have made good choices about friendships. My struggle continues to be over what is best for them individually.

We are seriously considering and praying about some new options for some of them next year.

I don't know yet what God has for them but we are praying for his wisdom as we make those decisions.

One of the verses from the truth project hit me like a ton of bricks last evening.

Revelation 2
5
Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

We don't know at what point he will choose to remove that lamp stand but I don't really want to find out.

My job as a mom is to pray and prepare.
My job as a citizen is to pray and be light.
My job as a child of God is to repent and come back to my first love.

This Morning as I woke with the sunrise I read these verses and believe God gave me a new prayer to pray.
Daniel 9:17-19
Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant.For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O My God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com