Friday, February 3, 2012

A cleaning tip

I had a huge mistake happen a few weeks back.

I'm not going to tell you the full version of this tale because I don't want to bore you and basically I am not very proud of my blunder.
But I had a huge spill happen in my bedroom.

I have never been so obsessed with getting a stain out of a carpet as I have this.
It's in a very conspicuous place AND we are renting.
Now trust me the carpet does have plenty of stains but to know I caused it makes me SICK!

I spilled a brand new bottle of somewhat...over the top...unusually high priced shampoo.
Because my hair was not looking as healthy as I wanted it to...and because my husband was throwing a party for my 40th and I wanted to make an attempt at fixing it. (So maybe it IS his fault) no... Unfortunately I get all the credit for this stain.

Every time I wash my hair I think about the stain.
It's haunting me like a BAD burrito!

So guess what.

I have scrubbed.
Rented a steamer.
Had my mom come and scrub it with her fool proof stain out concoction.
But still I see it.
It glows in the dark.
Well okay so that's my imagination.

On Pinterest I saw a solution for getting out stains.
So I decided to try it.


It's 1 part ammonia to 1 part hot water.
Mix this and pour in a spray bottle.
Spray heavily over spot that you want to clean.
And then lay a towel over spot and steam with iron.
This is what the spot looked like before.

It stinks like crazy cakes!!
But let it steam a bit.
After 6 applications my spot looks like this.

I may keep trying to get the remainder out but I think it looks so much better!
If I didn't have 4000 sq feet of carpet in this house I may think of trying it on other spots throughout the house but for today I was pretty pleased with the outcome.

It's not gone.
But it certainly is lighter!!

Woo Hoo! That makes my day!
Is that weird?
I know!
It's just how I roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com