Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A crafty project

Since our move there was a window that was exposed to the world.

It was my kitchen window. And I stand at this window All.The.Time.

I am sure everyone passing by loved to see me in all forms...
In my bathrobe. With my hair twisted up in a towel.
One friend mentioned she saw me washing dishes last night.

It was a a thorn in my side.

I eventually decided to figure something out for myself. This is unusual. I am very dependent on Jason for these kinds of fixer upper jobs. I don't like drills and screw guns and measurements. I like to eyeball a project and have it done within minutes.

So I saw a picture of a cafe curtain and decided that would do the trick!
Indeed!

I went out to buy my suspension rod and hooks. But couldn't find a cute curtain.
So you know what I did?

I found some cloth napkins on clearance. 4 napkins for $5.
I got some clips. Hung 2 napkins per window pane.
And ta da! My curtain was ready to hang.

Just so simple.

And yet so private!

The best part? It all can be taken with me when I go.
And perhaps I can use those napkins as napkins one day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you...I'd rather let Leo do the drill and hammer stuff! I think, though, that it is just cause I don't know what I am doing. How about a women's workshop retreat with safety glasses, drills and bandsaws? I'd go!
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I love the fabric!!! So cute and crafty! <3 Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com