Friday, December 2, 2011

What can I do with a gallon of black paint?

When We moved we sold all our kids beds. They were in bunks because of necessity. I was very ready to move them to ground level.

So we needed to find some new beds. I have been looking for twin frames.
And then last Saturday I decided I was ready to buy.
Jason and I headed to a local new and used furniture store.
We found these 2 little beds that looked like they could do the trick.




I went right out a bought some black shiny paint.
I am happy as a clam with a new gallon of paint!


After all the boards were painted and dried. I went back and abused them with a sanding block.
Until they looked like this.

This is what they look like now.

Well since I had the paint handy I went ahead and drug this out of storage. I had bought this at a yard sale this summer for $5.

Kind of scratched and ugly right?

But look what a little black paint can do :)

Well now Since I had the paint out I remembered I had been wanting to paint my $15 garage sale find dresser for a long time. I regret that I got so anxious to paint it that I didn't take before pictures but it wasn't very pretty. Look at the shine on this dresser now!

I started telling the children not to stand still or I may paint them.
I wanted to.
But I didn't.

It's just hard to stop when I get started!

I think I may do one of my hutches next.
But right now it's time to think of dinner.

How about some black-eyed-pea's?

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love crafty stuff. I just spray painted two chairs white that I bought from a thrift store. I love them now! :) Your projects turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rose! come to my house!! i just finished painting the living room and there are 3 more rooms waiting in line for their update... .and the bathroom will include some shiny black paint on the vanity... we could make it a party! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com