Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chocolate cake recipe

So I have some exciting things going on...
Jason's Niece is getting married on Saturday.

She has been like a daughter/sister/friend to us.
And we are so delighted for her!

She is a gem of a lady and we pray that this new journey will bring her great joy!

So since Jason's family lives out of state and the wedding will be taking place here we are anticipating the great arrival of many family members.

And I have approximately 20 staying here.
Yes.
It will be early Christmas for us.

I will be posting pictures on all that later but today I wanted to share with you that Chocolate Cake.

Chocolate cake with a chocolate fluff filling and chocolate butter cream icing.

The recipe for the cake was from Hershey's.

It's called

Hershey's black magic cake.


Ingredients

2 cups sugar 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk* 1 cup strong black coffee OR 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee plus 1 cup boiling water 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.

2 Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (Batter will be thin). Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.

3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool
completely. Frost as desired. Yields 10 to 12 servings.

I made 2 round cakes and put a fluff between them.

This is simply

1 Cup of whipping cream
3TBSP Coco
1/8 tsp salt
Whip this until stiff
add
1 C sugar

Yum! I could eat this by the spoonful.

On top I used a butter cream icing.
I use this icing for so many things!

1/2 C Shortening
1/2 C butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 C. powder sugar
2 TBSP milk
cream shorting and butter add vanilla gradually add sugar a cup at a time. whip in milk and beat until fluffy.

Spread over top and lick the spoon clean.
Uh huh that's right!

Now for my give away I baked mini cakes.


I used a chocolate cake mix and scooped out the centers.
I filled it with chocolate fluff and laced it with some real whipping cream on top.
Topping it off with a chocolate truffle.



I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
I have a couple things to get together before the crowd arrives.

1 comment:

  1. It was very special and delish!! Thank you so much. XOXOXOXO Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com