Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who's the wise Guy?

I have been reading the Proverbs with my kids for the past 2 weeks.

It has been good.

In fact there is something so exciting about reading words straight from the Bible like..." My son listen to your father's instructions. Take heed to your mothers warnings". They look at me like I may have inserted those words on my own.

One of the things that I pray for more than anything else in my personal life is for wisdom and discernment.

We need it so badly.

I need it so badly.

Every day in every situation. I am constantly weighing the decision... is it wise? So Proverbs is just the book to read when talking about Godly wisdom.

The thing is, wisdom isn't something we buy, or decide we're going to have. It's not a commodity. True wisdom can only come by asking the living God to give it to us. "For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." proverbs 2:6

Proverbs repeat this over and over...Search for wisdom and understanding like a hidden treasure.

But this is the caution...

Proverbs 3:7

New King James Version (NKJV)


7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

So if I ever think I'm kind of smart. A little bit wise. Pretty full of understanding...

I am not.

True wisdom says all the credit goes to the one who gave it.

And I am not that one.

As I was reading the words to my boys yesterday I became increasingly fascinated with this thought.

What would our world, our churches, or neighborhoods look like if we were all looking for wisdom like buried treasure. IF we all sought understanding from our creator. If we asked for wisdom more than we ask for health, wealth, healing, or protection.

Not so we could be the wise guy but so he would be honored in us.

What if?

What if we trusted God with all our heart and didn't try to lean on our own understanding. And in all our ways we would acknowledge him....He promises to direct our path. proverbs 3:5

I have some paths that need straightening right now.

Do you?

I could use wisdom for making some large decisions.

How about you?

I think this is God's message to me today...

Relax in me. Ask for my wisdom. Don't rely on what seems rational in your thinking. I will direct your path. I will make a way for you. In fact,Trust me.

It's really the wisdom I've been asking for all along.

That's it.

True wisdom is understanding I can't know it all but I am friends with someone who does and he will lead the way.

In fact he not only leads the way but sometimes he makes a way in the desert.

He gives words when we need it.

He gives grace to endure it.

He brings light to dark situations.

He. Is. the wise guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com