Friday, December 10, 2010

God with us Immanuel

Today I am reflecting on a baby.
A baby that was born one night in a little town of Bethlehem.
It was a night full of bright heavenly hosts, choruses of music and proclamations of peace.

I am thinking about what it must have been like for him. The creator of mankind became flesh. To move his all wise and knowing being into a tiny, helpless frame. To feel all the growing pains that his created children encounter. After only knowing a palace and streets of gold to humbly find no place for his head. For the first time he felt hunger pangs and discomfort as the straw may have scratched his back. Was he cold? Did he cry?

Messiah come to earth...

The one the prophets had foretold.


Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.


He is God with us Immanuel.

And As I recognize who he is,

I fall at his feet and as Mary did
I will treasure him up in my heart.

1 comment:

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com