Monday, November 29, 2010

I love me some Holidays!


After last week I feel pretty drained. Not because I hosted thanksgiving, It's just a lot of stuff crammed in a few days. So today I am recounting all that happened. It's definitely a bullet points post.
  • Our dog gave birth to 2 puppies 1 week early. One was born dead. After a night of tube feeding the other tiny 2 oz puppy her mother decided she looked so tasty she would just lick her a little extra vigorously until alas she looked so yummy mommy thought she could just eat her up....and so she did. Much to her human family's displeasure, which resulted in a tremendous amount of name calling of our family pet along with a Big NAUGHTY beside her name for Santa!
  • Got to hear my guy preach. That was a treat!
  • We were the first to arrive on the scene of an accident...which is always scary. And to top it off it was an officer who was the driver.
  • We celebrated Thanksgiving with our small group. What a wonderful bunch of friends!We had great food, great laughs and great games.
  • Needed to make the bread, cinnamon rolls, brown sugar tapioca and pumpkin cheese cake and an ice cream dessert....Check.
  • We had movie night which included the movies Toy Story 3 and Romona and Beazus. Which was so delightful I think I shall buy it.
  • We celebrated Thanksgiving at my Sister's house. What a wonderful feast! Which always includes lots of laughs especially as we played Pictaphanary. My brother Jerry was cracking me up!
  • We brought home 3 cousins and left 3 there overnight. We got the little girls...giggles, whispering and a 1:30 creep down the stairs to get a little midnight snack party.
  • At 3 am I finally got up because I couldn't sleep anyway and headed out to do my shopping. It always happens like this...I leave my warm bed and head out to my cold van. I feel a strange mixture of excitement and dread all balled up into one. I leave my country home headed into town telling myself as I see not one house light on or one car on the road that this is the year! The year that everyone has overslept and I will be the only one who remembered it's black Friday. As I get into town I see a few more cars but I can handle a couple overachievers. And then as I get on to the 4 lane the cars are multiplying and I realize they are all headed in the same direction I am. As I turn to pull into my favorite shopping plaza cars are packed all the way out to the road and the lines are wrapping around the store. YIKES!!! And sadness reigns as I realize I will have to be extra patient and say a lot more excuse me's than I am accustomed to doing at 3:30 in the morning!
  • I got home at 8:00....locked my door and crawled under the covers. J would handle the pancakes and the delivery of the girlies.
  • 12:30 I would wake up and get ready for my brother and sister in law to arrive anytime. They live in Ohio and we are always so excited to have their family come. At bedtime we have 3 more small people in the house who are excitedly getting floor beds made and telling jokes.
  • Saturday. It's Micah's birthday and so we have a big breakfast and give him his gift that he has been wanting. By lunch all company has been hugged and kissed goodbye and we are alone. So I can bake a second birthday cake since I had forgotten the first one in the oven and baked it for an hour.
  • We get our tree and Christmas decorations up. And head out for the 5:45 showing of Secretariat. Awesome movie! Loved it both times I saw it! We grab some pizza and come home to play a game of Scum. J and I are in a heated competition for prez...in which all my smack talk never really cames to fruition and I remained just a commoner through the entire game! Stink!
  • My kids are really getting quite good! Sophie always exclaimed about her best hand ever and J always told us he had the worst one yet.
  • Sunday we went to church and had an excellent message about The 5 loaves and 2 fish. Then we met my sister and her husband and 2 boys for Mexican...Where we celebrated Micah...again. The waitresses came out to sing...but he had just left for the restroom. So I sent them to the men's room...not really....I stopped them on the second stanza and asked them to come back in 5.
  • Sunday afternoon and evening we sat around and re cooped. Hoping this week would be a little less eventful.....

I am exhausted! But it was well worth it!


My heart is full! And so is my belly!


I just love these days!

So very much to be thankful for!

3 comments:

  1. We also saw Ramona and Beazus this weekend...great movie! I laughed and cried too.

    Ummm, can't believe your dog ate her own offspring! BAD dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even going to comment again on that dog. What a fun filled week. I haven't seen Ramona and Beazus...but now I've heard 2 that have liked it. I'll have to check it out. Did you take all the kiddos to see the Secretariat? that is totally a must buy!!! I would love to take the family to see it on the big screen. And I LOVE scum. We play that all the time at my aunt's. :) I love all your family bonding idea times...you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. The dog ATE her baby? Oh. My. Word. I would think that would most definitely put her on Santa's naughty list. Ha! I'm laughing and totally creeped out at the same time! Ha!

    Didn't you LOOOOOOOOOVE Ramona and Beezus???!!!! It's such a cute movie!

    Great catching up!
    J

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com