Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sweet Potato Pie and I shut my Mouth

Guess what I dug up from my garden this week...




Aint those such purty taters?


I know it's unacceptable for us northern folk to talk like that but I'm just practicing...


Cause I'm getting ready to move south!



It's not that we are actually packing yet


but...


I think God may call us there one day...



So I'm living in Faith.


Practicing talking like Paula Deen.


And...

Learning to use lots of buttah, biscuits and sweet potatoes.


I digress...

So anyway,

I dug up these sweet potatoes and I began to dream of this wonderful dish my friend Julie brought our family way back when I was still birthing children.(No coincidence...she's from Florida)

It's so wonderful you may not want to share it with your family.
But
You could make a double and give them half of it.

Sweet Potato Souffle

3-4 Cups mashed sweet potatoes

1/2 Cup sugar

2 eggs

1/4 C. melted butter

1/3 C. canned milk (or whole)

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. salt

Mix altogether and add

Topping....

1/2 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup nuts

5 TBSP melted butter

1/2 C. flour
This mixture will be crumbly...add on top of sweet potatoes and Bake.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes

Just in time for Thanksgiving.




It's like eating candy my friends!


Happy Last week of October!



6 comments:

  1. Really?? Now I'm curious for details. :) And that souffle looks YUMMY. Pregnant lady drool. I like the Alabama song, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweet lady~ I only have wishful thinking! It happens every year...As I think about the looong winter months ahead I long to be in a warmer place:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...looks interesting. And yummy. I will have to try that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a very similar recipe that comes from Southern Living. I've had quite a number of visitors that said they don't like sweet potatoes change their minds after eating this...

    Carol T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have recently rediscovered sweet potatoes in our house....in love with them!

    Song, song of the south....

    Gone, gone with the wind...

    Come on down south!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Southern way of living is slower paced, and one of the things I love the most...Everyone waves, whether they know you or not:)Wouldn't trade it for anything, best thing we ever did!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com