Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How I love me a little Autumn

It's that time of year again...

I love it~

Autumn.

It's really a good reason to hang around Indiana!

I love the cool nights and warm days. The candles burning in the windows and the leaves burning on heaping piles in the yard.

It's a wonderful time of year!

I try to keep the fact that Winter is creeping closer out of my mind because that indeed is NOT why I stay in this state.

The white is pretty until...ummm...December 26.

If I were the weatherman it could all melt away and spring start on January 1. But since I'm not and I won't ever be, I shall just focus on the present beauteous fall weather that is upon us.

We took a little bike ride with 3 of our kids over the weekend,

This is what we saw.


And this is what we sang until I became too winded to continue...

Great is thy faithfulness
Oh God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with thee.

Thou Changest not
Thy Compassion's they fail not
As thou has been thou forever will be.

Great is thy Faithfulness.
Great is thy Faithfulness.
Morning by Morning
New mercies I see.
All I have needed thy hand hath provided.
Great is thy Faithfulness,
Lord unto me.

(we did not see this precious face on our
ride but I took this over the weekend
as I was completely taken with her)


Summer and Winter
Springtime and Harvest
Sun Moon and Stars in their courses above.
Join with all nature in manifold witness.
To thy great faithfulness
mercy and love.


Great is thy Faithfulness
Great is thy Faithfulness.
Morning by morning
new mercies I see.

All I have needed
thy hand hath provided.
Great is thy Faithfulness
Lord unto me.


And then after our beautiful ride on a Sunday we went to pick up our missing son who was with a friend.As we pulled into the driveway this is what I spotted....Oh yes, My newly turned 13 year old on our friends roof! After finding out that it was indeed a general practice at this particular home I felt a bit better.

And then later they all decided to actually hide on the roof during a game of hide n seek.

Campfires, Bike rides, Great Food and Fellowship.


Wonderful family.

Wonderful friends.

Wonderful weather.

How I love me a little taste of Autumn!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this Rose! I love fall too, and I love that song so much. Happy fall! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really trying to love autumn, but I have such a hard time b/c I know what's coming. And I HATE winter. We had a campfire this weekend too, and I sat and enjoyed the moment. A day at a time, I can do this! Please remind me in the dead of winter that spring will come again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you on the pumpkin vine too this weekend? I love me some fall too!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Several comments...
    First and most importantly. JASON HAS A NICE SHIRT :)
    2nd-you are a word artist. a true gift. i get lost in the reading everytime i read something of yours.
    3rd-I love you.
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have posted one of my favorite hymns and now I am going to be singing it all day long!!!

    Thanks for your comment and if you make a sign, please share a picture/link with me. I would love to see it!!! It's definitely one of my favorite projects and there are so many different words you could put on it... seasonal, family, scripture, the list could go on and on!!! Have fun making yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com