Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to school...

It is already that time again,

School.

Where my kids leave me for 6-8 hours at a time.

It's not all bad.

Sometimes I am thankful for the quietness of the house and the dishes that stay clean.

But part of me really feels the tug as they go back.

Am I doing all I can to ensure they become all they can be?

It feels like I send them out into a world that can be really scary and unfriendly.


This year we decided to have a wrap up of our summer by taking them out to dinner the night before they started.
We had them write down their dining choice on a piece of paper without telling each other what it was.
They were divided down the middle.

2 wanted Mexican.

2 wanted pizza.

We ended up at Apple Bee's.

It seemed the most fair. :)

We couldn't come to a consensus so we just went somewhere they hadn't picked.

After they were done eating Jason and I took turns pronouncing a specific blessing over each child. A compassionate spirit for one. A listening ear for another. Courage to stand up for truth. And friendships for all.

After picking up some last minute school supplies we stopped at the Chief for one last summer ice cream.




And this morning as the kids slowly moved their bodies out of bed....


We had a devotional which was just what we needed to hear~




It was out of Psalms 139...

O Lord you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise.
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely,
O Lord.

You hem me in-behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go to the heavens,
you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.



Today As I think of sending them out I am comforted that God is present. He sees and knows all. Even when I have sketchy details about what actually happens around them.

He Is with them wherever they go.

This I can be sure of.





***Just on a random note...

If you want to hear an awesome song click on the Desert Song.
It ministered to me in church this morning!
Hope it does you too!

Think of it as my hug to you as you start your week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, needed this encouragement. Got up early today, feeling anxious about sending the boys off to school tomorrow. WHY is it SO hard?? Year after year, it's never easy.

    BTW, love the last pic of your high school girl!! Blessings to your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling a little tug at the heart this morning too. Thinking I like to get back to the routine of 3 of the peeps in school...has left me with all my jobs done by 9 a.m. and now what?? Love your thoughts for my Monday morning. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com