Monday, July 12, 2010

It's about Character..

Does anyone out there every wonder what it would be like to always get whatever you want?

I mean like from the moment you were born.... this never ending supply of goods.

Not just material goods but everything.

I'm talking about like when I was a toddler....what if I would have always been able to win and not share and have anything I pointed my chubby little finger at.

Well...

We as adults know that isn't good for our children.

That it is ACTUALLY good to give them opportunities to share.

And in fact...


It is to the child's detriment to give them everything they ever want.

It makes them over indulged and spoiled.

Let's move a little further...

How about when we get to be a little more "mature" (like age 10) and our character gets tested by unfair treatment.

Like the time when I was a kid and I remember being blamed for something I knew I hadn't done.

Or I was in a contest and the judge thought someone else had done better then I had. Even though I felt like I had worked just as hard.

Or when I was in high school ....

After moving to a larger school in the eleventh grade I realized I was swimming in a bigger pool of fish and I had to learn lessons from the bench.

Or the crush in which the affection was not returned.
Ahh... the heartache!
Should I go on...

You get it right?
I understand looking back that really ALL that was good for me.

Not fun.
Sometimes Not fair.
A lot of pain and discomfort.
But It actually deepened me.

And yet the funny thing is I STILL don't like it.
When it happens to me or my children or anyone else I love.

There is something in me that still reacts and cries...

"UNFAIR"!
However, I really know that it is happening to bring about a better end!


It's really about Hope!

"For we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us". ~Roman 5:3-4

Hope... so when we face our personal "character building class" we can say,

We have a hope that does not disappoint us.

He is creating something lasting in His vessel.

And that gives me something to smile about!

1 comment:

  1. Such a hard lesson to learn yourself. Even harder to watch your kids go though. You're a great mama, to allow him this lesson early on in life.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com