Saturday, June 19, 2010

Biscuts and Muffins


Today was a baking day....


I'm like a squirrel on days like today. Storing away goodies.


I wanted to make good biscuits so bad~

So for years I was looking for just the right recipe that would make KFC green.

I don't know that this one is award winning but it has sure been a hit in my kitchen.

I thought I would share these recipes with you.


Biscuits:


2C. flour

4 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cream of tartar

2 tsp. sugar

1/2 C. shortening

2/3 C. Milk

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until it looks like small peas. Add milk.
Knead and roll out 1/2 inch thick. Cut out biscuits. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.

And Then I had some "brownish" bananas which means its time for banana bread...

Except sometimes I make them into muffins....
And you know what I like to say...we call it muffins so we can eat cake for breakfast:)

This is a yummy bread recipe that I got when I lived in Louisville.

1 C butter softened
3 C sugar
4 eggs
1/4 C. buttermilk (or yogurt or sour cream)
6 mashed bananas (or however many you have on hand:)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 C Flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C. chopped pecans(or not)

Cream butter sugar and eggs. Sift flour soda and salt. Add dry ingredients, vanilla, buttermilk, and banana's.Fold in nuts bake at 325 in two greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans for about 1 1/2 hour. Or bake in muffin tins at 350 for 25 minute.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those look delish!! I must try this! Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com