Wednesday, June 2, 2010

As a hen gathers her brood under her wings

Today this is where my thoughts lie....




Nope, I haven't taken to chicken farming...

Although I would like to own a few chickens some day~

Actually, I was thinking about the verse that says,

Jerusalem, Jerusalem how I long to protect you as a mother hen gathers her brood under her wings.

I am so moved by the picture of Jesus being that to us. A mother hen who gathers us together and shields us from the sly fox who wants to destroy our very lives and souls. And my Jesus says I want to protect you my little chicks.

Maybe I feel that so deeply because I am a mother hen. Longing to protect my little brood from the heartaches and tears of life. I want to shield them from evil and shelter their hearts from rejection. I want to give them a secure place to reside and sometimes I physically pull them to myself trying to shield them from life's cruelty.

Maybe that's why Jesus uses this picture instead of the mighty eagle or the Lion, king of the jungle.

He is these as well.... but the hen and her chicks shows a picture of him that is soft and nurturing.

And I like it!

2 comments:

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com