Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One of my favorite things about this time of year is STRAWBERRIES!!!

Oh I love them yes I do!

And even though it's a little early to pick them here I can tell that they are in season somewhere cause they actually have flavor~!

So this week I have been eating one of my favorite salads...






It's spinach with Strawberries, toasted almonds and this time I threw some portabella's into it.

I just put about 1/4 cup almonds into a pan and fried them in a little butter until they were browned. I also fried the mushrooms in olive oil.

Then I cut up 4 strawberries and laid them on top of a bed of spinach.

For the dressing I put 1/2 Cup olive oil with about 2 TBSP vinegar and 1tsp sugar.
Mix it well and pout over top of salad....

YUMMO!!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew it was easy! Yummy Yum. LOVE the picture on top. Doesn't your children holding hands just make your heart melt!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks DELICIOUS!! MUST try it this weekend : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com