Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God is with You wherever you go

I have become keenly aware that one thing being busy all the time accomplishes is distraction.

Sometimes distraction is good.

Like if I'm trying to get a small child to quiet or trying to pass time for my children on a long trip.

Distraction has a place.

But I find when I'm using distraction as a method of coping it is not helpful.

Oh, of course it is for the short term ….

But….

Eventually I am going to have to face the thing.

The thing that wants to eat me alive.

The thing that's tearing me up.

The thing that makes me want to run as far and fast as I can.

And when I finally face it I can feel completely overwhelmed.


The Father has been softening my heart these past few weeks,

softening me to "that thing".

Have you ever heard of Andy Stanley?

He is a pastor out of Atlanta…Jason and I listen to him A LOT.

He is an anointed communicator who brings out the Word in a fresh way.

We download his pod casts.

Yesterday as I was listening to the sermon I was once again reminded that everywhere I turn God is speaking, speaking……

He asked this question….

"What would you do if you were certain God was with you?"

Ponder that for a moment.

What would I do?


In Genesis, Joseph, remember the one with the coat of many colors? Is a GREAT example of one who believed that God was with him, in the pit, in jail, and after he got his promotion to governor over all of Egypt.

He could have become bitter at God for allowing "the pit".

He could have been angry beyond belief at God for turning his back when he was accused falsely for making a move on his boss's wife.

He could have been so disillusioned with God for his silence while he spent years behind prison bars.

And when he was released and put in command....

He could have taken full advantage of his position and made his brother's pay for what they had done to him.

He chose to let God be God.

Believing that "God was with him wherever he went".

In Joshua 1:9 He tells me this, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go".

He is.

And if He is….

I can.

I am starting to see it.

And I know.

That he will

Be

Wherever I am.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for lunch together and for sharing your heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya my friend!
    Loved being with you and your insight is always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh how i love your new look. and what a moving post rosy. sometimes it seems so quiet and lonely and what a good reminder for me today to just rest in those big arms! i sure appreciated this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Joseph must have been some kind of man.
    What a beauty in your blog header.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com