Friday, March 19, 2010

So You think you can paint?

Here's a little secret about me....

I love to try new things.
Especially if it includes something crafty.
Like today, I went to the store to buy myself a chipboard letter Y for another project I am working on.
I'll post pictures as I make it.

So anyway....

I see these cool canvas boards were on sale. And beside it was acrylic paint.

Very nice!

The only thing is,

I DON'T PAINT!!!.

But the weather is BEAUTIFUL and I think it messes with my head a little when it gets so nice...
I get into this frenzy.


So I decided today I think I'll make myself a picture!




I bought these very vibrant colors....













Aren't they delicious!?

And I started painting not knowing what I may end up with....
























My first painting on canvas evah!!!

I know it's not a Picasso but it was

So Much fun!!

And then my family came home and told me I should sell it and they were exclaiming so much I thought I might as well just go ahead and make another one!





















What a hoot!


I promised I would get more canvas for all and we will just make ourselves a little art gallery.

Micah(my loves anything art-related son) Has been dreaming about what his canvas will look like! I can't wait to see what they all come up with!

I've got a few more colors running through my head as well...

Who knows...


Painting may become my new hobby!!

3 comments:

  1. The person who helped me with my last decorating said she paints a picture whenever she needs certain paints to come together in a room. Maybe you could do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing ... in a really cool kind of way! Love the pics, and isn't so fun to have something you did with your very own hands??? Next time I need some "priceless" artwork to donate to a benefit sale, I'll be calling you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com