Thursday, March 25, 2010

Porch Window Project

Last week I decided it was time to give my porch its anual spring makeover....

Remember my hubs is a window guy???
Well we always have an abundance of old windows so I am always trying to think of things to do with them. One day I had an inspiration to build myself a table for the porch out of windows...
So I told him about it and he happily screwed these windows together in about a 1/2 hour! I slapped some patina paint on it and it has been sitting on my porch ever since...all seasons!

And every spring I try to remember what I put on it last year. So Since I can't remember it always changes. Which is fine with me because that gives me new projects to do!




















I got this idea
to use some on sale fabric that I bought for about 75cents. Add a short piece of this ribbon and the letter Y~




















Mix it together with an old window and glue the fabric to the back of the frame.





















I spray painted the letter red. Glued the fabric to the back of the frame. Glued the Y to the front of the frame and tacked the ribbon onto the back.
And this is what I got....

























The whole project cost about $4.



I Thought it would be perfect for my new spring/summer look.....




And the final look above the window table.

1 comment:

  1. Very very nice! I love it. You have such an eye for art. Glad I got to see it in person today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com