Friday, March 26, 2010

16 years ago...










When I was a little girl I dreamed about the day I would one day find the man of my dreams.







I used to pretend I was getting married and I would make up names for all the children that would one day follow that blissful day. I loved the idea of getting married and living happy ever after in a house with a picket fence and beautiful flowers growing around my house.


And here it is 16 years after the day I said "till we are parted by death"......




I don't think it takes an expert to tell you that if you are in a relationship for over 18 years there will be days.....







Jus' sayin'

Don't we look so unassuming??

But there are many more days when I am so very happy. Not because I married the perfect man or that my guy married the perfect gal but that we are in this thing for the long haul. He told me that just 3 days ago....Rose, I want you to know I am committed to you. Those words have meant so much to me through the years. Because long after the planning and perfect florist was picked, Long after the music and the gifts, Long after making sure that all the food was all ordered and the guest list was completed; We remember this one thing....
We Are Committed to each other.







The other details are hard to remember but I know that what I promised that day was written down on a document that I have framed on my wall. (I had his framed too so he can view it from time to time:)HA!)



The song that's playing is one of "our songs".
Love isn't someplace that you fall.....it's something that you do.








Thank you my dear friend for staying committed even when the emotion wasn't there. You are not only my husband you are my best friend. Thank you for caring for me even when I don't act care worthy.




Thank you for your love for the children you have helped me create and raise. You are a good,good man and I am so thankful to journey so closely with you!

I love you my friend~

6 comments:

  1. Awwww, wishing you many more happy years together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a sweet post Rose! I loved the walk down memory lane. WOW!! Those sleeves on your wedding dress could've taken someone out if you let them. JK JK JK. I had the exact same kind on my wedding dress. That was the in thing wasn't it?

    Boy the years have been so kind to you both. I love the last picture, you 2 are so stinkin' cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes:) It was "the thing". My sweet sis actually made that very lovely dress that I was so very in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now those are some PUFFY sleeves! ;o) awesome post about some wonderful love! congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Rose! I love to see a post like this, a beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have many more anniversaries together. I admire your love for each other and the way you raise your kids. I think you should do a parenting class.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com