Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Clean Streak…

Today my friends, marks day 5 that I am an unemployed girl.

I spent the first day just repeating to myself…."do not feel guilty for not being at work".

I am like a woman on a mission!

I have so much catching up to do in my home!

I spent most of the past 2 days cleaning out my boy's room, which could have seriously been considered a "dive".

O.MY.Goodness!

After I was done the first night Jalen said, "Mom thanks so much! This feels SO much better".

I just decided to remind him right there that this is not hard to maintain if they would just put their p.j.'s away every day and make sure trash is disposed in the correct place. And candy is thrown away if it is more then 6 months old….you know "the lecture". I also told him that he will sleep better since it is clean and organized.

The next morning he woke up, staggered out of bed, promptly gave me a big hug and said, "You're right mom; I slept way better last night!"J

YAY!

I had also decided to update the room since I hadn't touched it with a paint brush for 7 years!

How in the world did that happen….me being the painter of all things…..it just looked like a big project…it really wasn't that hard.

When we moved in they were 3 and 5!

They needed their room to look a little more "grown up".

So instead of changing everything I just took a can of brown paint I had left in the basement and painted from the boarder down.

I like how it turned out…

I was able to get rid of the chips and fingerprints and eh hem…some misplaced objects that appeared to be wiped there by mistake???

Grrrr…

WHAT? GROSS!!!

I can sleep better knowing they are not going to have those little things in their room tonight~

They also appeared to have peeled off the top part of the boarder right where the person occupying the upper bunk would sleep. They have both spent several years up there so I won't point fingers but non the less it needed repair so…..

I found one more strip of boarder left in the basement and guess what….it was exactly what I needed!

So a room project without spending a penny!

I was all geared up to start the girl's room but then…we got hit with a snow storm and all activities pertaining to work ceased.

Maybe another day cause really, I've got a coupleJ

2 comments:

  1. Rose... so happy that you get to stay home and do what you love to do best!! I'm sure you will be missed at work... good luck on the cleaning! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. So burgers wiped on the wall?? I totally did that when I was little. :) The room looks great. So happy you took the pictures to show us. Happy your blogging again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com