Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothering

What have I learned from being a mother?

I have learned so many things....
Like how to laugh at knock knock jokes.
And how to kiss away sadness.
Or How to lace up shoes on a squirmy child.
And how to talk on the phone and communicate through sign language with my kids at the same time.
I have learned how to make dinner with one hand as my other one was busy pacifying a baby.
I have learned how to cry so hard at their pain that I thought I may stop breathing.
I have sat by them nursing them back to health or praying for their fever to break.
I have learned that parent teacher conferences can actually be harder for me as a mom then when I was a child.
I have never known such joy as watching my child overcome their fear and conquer something they thought they could never do.
I have learned how to hold my laughter when I want to laugh out loud cause something they say is so "cute".
I have become fairly capable at carpooling and schedule juggling.
I have learned that hair isn't as important as it used to be.
I have become more understanding of others who struggle with a strong willed child.
I have learned how to ignore some things that really aren't worth the battle.
I have learned that a clean house isn't as important as playing a game of UNO.
I have learned how to negotiate, mediate and judge all in one afternoon.
I have learned that my mood usually effects the whole family.
I have learned that I can trust God with my kids....they are his first!
I have learned how to be a problem solver.
I am learning how to listen more and speak less when we have conversations.
I have learned what it means to love someone so much I would give my life up for them.

And the thing is.....
I am not even half done yet!
I have so much more to learn and yet when I look at what I have learned through these years, The experiences I have had because of these wonderful little people I have been blessed to raise ...
I would not trade one day for what I have been given!

I feel blessed today to be the mom of
Malaina, Jalen, Micah and Sophia!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man girl...you HIT IT ON THE NOSE!!!! Your post made me teary-eyed!!! LOVE it.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've seen a lot of tributes and words written about being a mom over the years...this one was absolutely beautiful. what an incredible way to describe so many of the things other moms feel/face too!

    "I have learned that hair isn't as important as it used to be".....neither are showers!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of things you've learned.
    And you'll be adding way more to that list when your oldest one gets her learner's permit!!!
    Melanie@Bella~Mella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose you are such a good mama!!! Great thoughts great words.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com