Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sophia Grace

To my Sweet Sophie,
How can I begin to tell you how thankful I am to have you in my life! You were born today 6 years ago. I can't believe how quickly you have changed!
You were such a beauty right from the start!
Perfect in every way....except the sleeping thing. You didn't care much for it to start with!
We knew there was something missing in our family and so when you came along we knew what it was....you! You have made our family complete.
This is you just hours old. What a precious, precious gift! And the smiley little baby at 6 months.
You have known what you like from the start.
Your name means queenly one.
We believe we got it right when we named you this.
You are a wonderful mixture of sweet and spunk.
You have a love for people and relationship and we could tell this even at this tender age of 1!



You finally did start sleeping more....And what a sweet sight to see you sleeping~with your little snore to let us know you truly are catching some zzzzz.


One thing you request every night without fail is that we would pray that Jesus would be the Lord of your thoughts and dreams. If we fail to mention it we can be sure that we will get a visit from you in our bed about 1/2 hour later asking if we forgot that.

What a little princess....you love to wear dresses and makeup. And you have found that playing pretend by yourself is very fulfilling. You can tell all the dolls what to do. Finally you aren't the one getting "bossed" around.
You really didn't know how to play this handheld game but that doesn't stop you! Simply feeling like you are one of the bigger kids and flipping the switch on was reward enough.

Here you and I are last year in Flordia. What a special trip~Just you and me with aunt Cindy. Going to visit Grandma and Gramps. Our time together will always be a special memory for me.

And here you are on your birthday. What a little lady you are growing up to be. I am so proud to call you mine.

The cry of my heart for you dear Sophie is that you will always know you are loved. Not just by me and daddy but by the God of the Universe.


The one who knit you together.


The one who has called your name. You have received him already into your heart.


When others let you down you can always know that you are loved by The King. You are his princess! He dances over you with singing!


I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I am so glad you are in my life!


~Mommy


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blessing/prayer/letter to Sophia. I loved seeing her through the years. WOW...she was a very beautiful baby. And still is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little girl she is. From the pictures, she was born beautiful! I hope she has a wonderful birthday :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful..she is beautiful! She would melt any heart!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is simply BEAUTIFUL.
    I love that she reminds you of her "special" prayer request if you forget.
    Melanie@Bella~Mella

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so precious! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com