Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Open Househttp://boomama.net/2008/12/15/christmas-tour-of-homes-2008/<

WELCOME Friends to my Online Christmas open house....


I wanted to invite you all over for a cup of coffee and some yummy cookies but for this open house you may be on your own with the snacks and beverages.

This is the front door to our home. Don't worry about wiping your feet as you enter today.


Of course my window table which you saw in a previous blog

My sled that sits on the porch.This is as you walk into my dining area

See that arrangement by the china hutch? It's sticks from my lawn. I just spray painted them white, added a little sparkle, and hung silver ornaments. I found a glass vase in storage, put some Sea Salt in the bottom and I have a cheap, unique, charlie brown tree.



And a left turn to the living room.


This is my seasonal shelf. This view is back towards the kitchen. It sits up high where no little hands can reach it.

These chairs are just wrapped with a runner and tied in a bow. I found them last year after Christmas at 90% off!

This is my fireplace mantle. Its a little tricky since I don't have an even shelf underneath my garland but this is what I came up with.



Here's a close up view of my homemade garland. Here is the manger scene that has sat out every Christmas since my children were small. I picked it up at my aunt Fran's garage sale one year and it is just the best! The reason I love it so much is because it is unbreakable. My children have spent hours, playing with these pieces. Baby Jesus has been everywhere in my house~

And these cute little carolers sit on top of my piano. Again an after Christmas special last year.


Here is a picture of our table. I had it set for some guests that came over for lunch.
And the centerpiece on the table. Ikea ring a bell with anyone? That lamp is from my little excursion a couple weeks back.




Oh, and those are red martini glasses with a little sea salt in the bottom...

And finally our Christmas tree with all the memories of years gone by....The kids love to hang their special ornaments on the tree and I'm okay with that. I like that they feel like it's their thing.

We often make a paper chain to count the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We didn't this year. They didn't even ask~~Maybe that's a sign they are getting older and can now read the calendar.

Thank you so much for coming today! I would love to see how all of you decorate for Christmas! New ideas are always fun to copy! I wish I could give you each a hug goodbye~


36 comments:

  1. I LOVE your house. So homey and cozy with so many great touches! I love what you did with the mantle and stockings. Thanks for giving us the first sneak peek - I can't wait for BooMama's tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose you do such a nice job! Thanks for the tour, and I can't wait for the carmels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks great! Looks so cozy and comfortable to just come in and put your feet up and feel right at home! Thank you for letting us take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such a nice job with your decor Rose! So inviting! I love the wrought iron table by the window with the 2 green runners tied on, the beads hanging down look so festive! My kids would never leave the presents alone under the tree, they would be ripped open by now!Thank you for giving us a tour, you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I too LOVE to see inside other peoples homes. What a fun idea! I would do that same but so far we only have our tree! We love to decorate outside but our outlet isn't working right outside. bummer! anyway, thanks again! Beautiful job! you have been so blessed with creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose, my friend Amy suggested I look at your blog...and I am so glad that she did! The music is a nice touch and helped to calm my overwhelmed self this morning! Your home looks lovely and festive. Thanks for the tour!

    Kathy Alderfer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose, What a beautiful home. I love to look at peoples ideas on how to decorate too.

    Maybe I will make an open house too.

    Hope you bring me some carmels on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose, your home is beautiful! Miss Susie Homemaker herself has nothing on you. LOL! No really, God has given you a great talent!!! Have a wonderful holiday season. -Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! We are in the midst of a major remodeling project so we have opted out of decorating and I really miss it. It just doesn't quite feel like Christmas. I think that is also why I enjoyed your decorated home tour :)

    Sheila Troyer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You have a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas.

    Cynthia Wenger
    (Lancaster PA)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a coincidence, we are possibly looking for a house....is there somewhere I can find the specs??? We need a 5 bedroom house with a 3-car garage. I love your decorating - you definitely have a gift!

    Chelsea Varner (your husband coached my son last year in Upwards)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved it!! And the best thing is....you have clearance stuff and homemade things. Its affordable. Sometimes I feel like I spend so much money on decor thats up for one month out of the year so this year I decided not to buy anything. You just gave me some great idea's with things I have right here!!! THanks. I'm off to do some "homemade" decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok...forgot the name in my comment above. lol.....yes I would forget my head if it weren't attached.
    Sandra Miller
    (your parents noisy neighbors)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful Rose, thanks for inviting us all in! Your home is so cozy & inviting! I love the window table!

    Diane Yutzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey Sandra..that's okay..I guess that's one way to get entered 2x:)
    I'd love to see what homemade things you come up with.. Maybe you'll have to put it on FB:)

    Chelsea, You are so welcome to come walk through on Sunday 2-5! We only have 4 bedrooms but there would be room to add out the back. We have a 2 car garage but a large shop with another garage in it sits out back. You can email me or We could call you.:) Good to reconnect with you Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so pretty! I may go get some sticks and make one of those trees, too.
    Enter me for your carmels, please.
    mdorsey@tampabay.rr.com
    Your Nativity set looks like the Fontanini pieces.
    That's what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great job you did of decorating your house for Christmas! It looks beautiful, and it looks so warm and cozy. Thank you for opening up your home for us to see :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Love the dancin' machine boy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of a virtual home tour! And caramels would be a lovely package to receive in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH my very very pretty!!! I love it all...the green sheer ribbon on the chair is such a nice added touch!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHOA, you put me to shame! I couldn't play along with this one cause I have about three decorations. :)

    Your house looks beautiful. You have quite a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Rose, if we were all so talented and creative - I think the Lord gave my share to you. :) I enjoyed seeing your house and the creative ways to decorate. You did a bad thing of posting the recipe for the carmels - I made them - and they're AWESOME! My boys love them too.
    Stacy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your house is so cute, great Job!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your house looks great! I love the seasonal shelf. That's a really cool little feature!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks so beautiful! Very festive and inviting! And your family's header pic is great, too.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm coveting those carolers really hard over here. Everything's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your window table! What a GREAT idea! Your home is decorated so pretty and looks sooooo inviting. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful, beautiful! Love that sled!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing your home! What wonderful displays you have! My stockings can be found at Ballard Designs in case you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the seasonal shelf - actually I love all of it - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty! thanks for having us over :-) merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful, I love everything and it's all so CLEAN! This is too much fun, I love being nosy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful house and decorations! Your house looks so comfy and inviting. Thanks for stopping by my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The "sticks" from your lawn are fabulous!! One would think you paid good money for something that looks so authentic. Very creative. :)

    Thanks for having me over, your home is so warm and inviting. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your home is just lovely.Lots of beautiful christmas touches.
    Jean in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello neighbor!!! I live in Indiana too.

    Your tour is wonderful. I couldn't help but notice that transom opening above the arch between your rooms. I LOVE that.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com