Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Fondue

Christmas starts early...

This year for my family Christmas we had our fondue a little earlier than normal. My brother Jerry and his family are spending Christmas in Sunny Florida so we wanted to include them in at least some of our Christmas traditions.

This year my mom and dad did something really special. They are donating money for each grandchild(17)to Gospel for Asia. It is a very worthy organization that helps families recieve an animal. If you want to watch the presentation you can go here.

We included several of the kids into the adults table this year. They are now teens or will be soon so they made the big trip up....



We always do Cheese with cubed meats and bread along with vegetables.


The Cheese Fondue

1 1/2 C. Butter- melted

3/4 Cup Flour

1 tsp. Salt

4 C. Milk

4 tsp.paprika

1/2 tsp. Worcestershire

1/2 lb. box Velveeta cheese

1 16 oz cheddar cheese whiz

melt butter, add flour, slowly add milk. let cook 1 minute stirring constantly; add rest of ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted. You can keep this in the crock pot on low until ready to serve.

Then for dessert we have Carmel sauce with fruit. This year we also had Chocolate...Yummy!

The Carmel

1/2 C Butter

2 C. Sugar

2 C. Whip Cream

3/4 C. Light corn syrup

1 tsp. Vanilla

Jar Carmel topping

Melt butter, sugar, light corn syrup and 1 cup cream, Stir constantly. When it comes to a boil add rest of cream. Heat to 240 on candy thermometer. Add jar Carmel topping and vanilla at end.

This is the baby of the group. She gets lots of attention....She is way cute! I believe someone dressed her up in their Christmas gift, Cory?!

Here is my firstborn son Jalen. Look at those blue eyes!

Waiting ever so patient for his gift.


And here is my sister, Cindy with her husband Allen.
And this picture shows just how secure I am.
What a bunch of weirdos we are!
Here I am with my brother Jerry.
It wasn't my idea!

Just keeping it real!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you a good time! Thanks for the recipes, I can't wait to try them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fabulous time, and i love fondue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Rose!! Enjoyed peeking into your family Christmas. Looks like a fun time with yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I think we'll try fondue for our Christmas dinner. How many of our kids do you think will burn theirselves?

    Thanks for including the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these recipes for fondue sound amazing! I love going to the Melting Pot for special occasions, but I didn't know it was so easy to make your own.

    I am so happy you posted that last picture of yourself. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for your recipes! I decided that we would fondue on Christmas Eve, for the first time, and I desperately needed recipes! :) I fought the crowds today at Martin's and I think I got everything I need ... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com