Friday, October 10, 2008

Your heart, Oh God

Our small group is going through an excellent study right now called "The Bait of Satan".
It has been so challenging and convicting to this chick.
It is a study on "offenses"... Will I bite when I am tempted to be offended by someone.
This past week the subject was on David. David sweet David, was chased by Saul for 14 years but because of Saul's anointing David would not dare touch him.
When all his persecution was over David wrote a love song for Saul. Wow!
NO One has chased me for 14 years trying to take my life and yet I can be offended on much lesser issues

Let's just say it never really crossed my mind to write those people love songs.

As I was reading this week I came across one of my favorite Psalms:

PSALM 86

Hear O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy.
In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.
For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.
Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord, my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is you love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.
The arrogant are attacking me, O God; a band of ruthless men seeks my life--men without regard for you. But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Turn to me and have mercy on me; grant your strength to your servant and save the son of your maidservant. Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O Lord, have helped me and comforted me.

Oh God, give me a heart like David's.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rose, Me too. I've gotten upset at things far less than David. What an example he was. I love our small group. I've learned so much in such a short time. Now if I can just apply all the great things, I'll be doing even better. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com