Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I make stuff up…

One of the things that I have enjoyed most about blogging is seeing what all of you are having for dinner and dessert.


I don't know about you but I get in such a rut. I like variety and love to try new recipes!



We all want our families to have healthy, delicious meals but after 14 years sometimes I just don't know what to make anymore. So thank you for letting me snoop in your kitchens and for giving me some great ideas!



I am making muffins for Micah's class tomorrow. I combined several recipes to make these:



PUMPKIN CREAM CHESSE MUFFINS



2 Cups flour



½ Cup sugar


3 tsp. baking powder


1 tsp. cinnamon


¼ tsp. ground cloves


¼ tsp. nutmeg


½ tsp. salt


Combine in bowl


2 eggs


¾ Cup pumpkin


½ Cup melted butter


¼ Cup sour cream


Mix then add to flour mixture


Filling:


1 – 8 oz. cream cheese


½ Cup sugar


1 egg


Beat together.


Fill greased muffin cups 1/3 full. Put spoonful of filling on top of muffin. Top with another spoonful of batter.(the filling doesn't need to be completely covered) Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

And I also created these:

CARMEL APPLE MUFFINS

Topping:


1 Tbsp butter


¼ Cup brown sugar


½ Cup flour


Combine and set aside


Muffins:


1 ¾ Cup sugar


3 eggs


1 Cup oil


2 Cups flour


1 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon baking powder


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon


3 apples/peeled and diced


Beat together first 3 ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Stir in apples.


Place in muffin pan sprinkle with crumb topping and bake 30 minutes at 350.

Cool muffins for about 5 minutes then drizzle warm Carmel ice cream topping over top.(I prefer Mrs Robinson)




We call them Muffins so we can eat Cake for Breakfast right?!




By the way I am still not talking out loud very much….Thank you for your encouraging get well wishes!


My family is a little unsettled about the fact that I can't talk. Jason thinks I really could talk if I just put my mind to it. The kids are starting to tell me how they miss my voice.(Unbelievable!!I figured they would be relived I am not barking orders and making threats!)


I'd like to know….


What is your favorite cake Muffin to eat?


6 comments:

  1. WOW...what a great recipe...I LOVE pumpkin muffins.

    We have a lot in common.......I too am a PW! :-)

    Glad to meet ya friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I gain a few pounds just visiting your blog! :) The muffins look yummy. I would have to say that blueberry are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my those would be my favorite muffins..they look delicious!!!
    Yummy!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Now after seeing these I am seriously considering taking a break from my diet to make them. Ok - not really (I am determined!) but these look scrumptious. I'll be keeping these in mind for later for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, you should be ashamed of yourself for tempting me like this! :) seriously, those look amazing, i think we'll start with the caramel apple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to bake...these look so good! Especially the pumpkin muffins!

    What a cute spot you have here!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com