Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hello Fall

Hello Mr Scare Crow, Hello Indian Corn, Hello pumpkins, Hello mums, Hello Apple Butter, Hello leaves, Hello Fall.

Today is Fall Party day. My pounding head is telling me I may have over done it on the partying.
God bless those teachers! God bless EM!

And here we are at Sophia's fall party...
So much fun dressing the teacher up like Mr. Scarecrow....What a great sport!


LEAVES, Ridiculous amounts of fun!


Yah-owch! That one's gonna hurt in the morning!
Ha-lay-lu-yer! It's a fabulous day in the leaves and sun!



Delicious Apple Butter




I have never made apple butter before but I found this recipe...
I just happened to have a couple extra apples laying around and so....
I present to you my friends....
My first batch of apple butter. Now if I were a braggin person I might tell you that I think this is quite possibly some of the best I've ever had but I'm not so I won't. However, I can confidently tell you that it is the best I have ever made!

If you want me to send you this jar just leave me your comment.
You know the routine...I will randomly pick a winner
All entries must be posted tomorrow night by 10:46 p.m.
Some restrictions may apply (IE: if you live in Thailand, then I may just have to bring it when I come to visit)
I will send out the winning jar on Saturday morning!
So good luck!

(editor's note)
I am going to take my husband's advice and extend my giving party through the weekend.I hope that I am not liable and that no one who has commented already will bring litigation against me.

I will post the winning number Sunday eve, and send out the prize Monday morning.:)
Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Yah, I'm the first to leave a comment...so I win right??? :)

    I love the fall party school pictures and fall leaves pictures.....how much fun. WE have had beautiful weather haven't we???

    By the way Sophie left her coat here last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Apple Butter looks great!!! Is that you front porch? It look so cute with the fall decor! Good job! Come do my porch next ok? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose you are too much fun! If I win can you hold the A.B. for a few weeks? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for visiting my blog!
    And Apple Butter YUM-O!!! I have never made any before, I'll have to give it a whirl one of these days. That is if your willing to share the recipe. :)

    You asked how I get my colors to Pop on my photos. Well I edit my pictures in photoshop and use Actions. They are my FRIEND!!! If you need any other info just drop me an email.

    eoberrys@gmail.com

    :)Rachel

    Oh and love your outdoor fall decor!!!! And great pics of the kids playing in the leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kids in the leaves! Your fall decorations are beautiful..:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by little bitty ol' blog! I love getting comments so I can check out their blog as well. Your kiddos are precious! The pic of the kids in the leaves is soooo much fun! We don't have enough trees where I live to make a pile so I will live vicariously through you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apple butter looks wonderful, so does your whole blog, for that matter. I have to say, though, that when I read the first line of the latest post, it stopped me cold because my eye immediately went to the word "Crow" because that's my last name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose, Thanks for all the sweet comments. I enjoy all your wonderful thoughts. The apple butter look great and tasty. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes...all of the wonderful things that come with fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we did the leaf thing the other day and the kids had a blast! yeah fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know your contest is already over (and...YUM! Apple Butter!) but I just have to say, those beautiful pictures of your kids jumping in piles of leaves makes me miss Indiana so much! That was one of my favorite things growing up and it brings back such memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com