Sunday, September 28, 2008

Its my party and I'll smile if I want to








So the day was perfect. It was just as I hoped. Malaina was excited to see everyone arrive. Especially her cousins. She loves her cousins. They are her best friends. I am so glad she has been so blessed with cousins on both sides whom she shares so much in common with.





We ate our fajitas and candy....too much candy! Isn't that a requirement at a birthday party? My kids think so. The evening was mixed with emotion for me. Going back and forth between I am so thankful for my precious little girl to I can't believe I am really hosting a party for my "teen".


This is Malaina's grandpa. He has given Malaina a legacy to follow. I respect him so much. He has been a stable rock all my life. Even when life didn't always happen the way he expected he handled himself in a way I can look up to. I am glad Malaina has a father who she too can look to for stability. Here she is sharing a hug and some tears with her daddy.



And here we are praying our prayers of blessing over her sweet head.



What a wonderful privilege to have a daughter who really wants to do what's right. I look at her and can't believe how lucky I am to have her. Not that she's perfect. But she really hasn't given me trouble. In fact sometimes I think she handles certain situations in a more positive way then I do. I remember when she was just a wee little girl people used to be amazed at how she could talk. She would memorize Bible stories off her tapes and quote them word for word in front of church. If you would have asked her back then what she wants to be when she grows up she would have told you " a prophet". And as she has grown so has her love for Jesus. There is an authenticity about her love for God and others that is just so amazing.

I know that she will be someone great! Not because of the profession she chooses or fame but because she loves to serve. She used to play with her brothers these little make believe games and you know who she always wanted to be? The servant...That always amazed me!





Well, let's usher in young womanhood.....but still I see some of the little girl in there. I probably always will right?





Here is a song I wrote for her:





Dancin' and twirling stealing my heart. You are my little girl.

Makeup and barbies, ribbons and bows,

Giggles and sunshine you are.

But that's not all

You are so much more!





You are beautiful from your head to your toes

From the inside out, you are beautiful

and no one else can take that away.

God gave you a heart that is beautiful.





Softball and soccer, readin' and praying

make believe games that you play

You're growing so quickly into a lady

Into a woman of Faith.

Know that you are loved,

Where ever you may go.







You are beautiful, from your head to your toes

From the inside out, you are beautiful

No one else can take that away

God gave you a heart and it's beautiful







bridge

what you do does not define how special you are

a masterpiece a grand design, you're lovely in His eyes.




You are beautiful, beautiful you are!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I am soooo extremely happy you left a comment on my blog so we could reconnect. Your post was beautiful about Malaina...I often think about her (and I am not just saying that)!! After 10 years of teaching there were certain students that tugged on my heartstrings for one reason or another...Malaina was one of them. Her rock solid faith is what got me. I can't believe she is a teenager...man, I'm getting old! Please keep in touch!!!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool party Rose, I love the idea of celebrating her enterance into being a woman, the prayer of blessing, and the letters your family gave her.

    What a special daughter you have, It was neat to hear stories from her childhood.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear if you stop by...
Please let me hear from you!
You may email me at: Rosyrose72@gmail.com